Fly Fishing Articles and Stories by Capt. Scott
These articles will soon be incorporated into a new book, titled Flats Magic: Fly Fishing for Redfish and Trophy Specked Trout
*Fly Fishing the Sand of the Lower Laguna Madre," by Capt. Scott, an article that appeared in the Nov-Dec 2009 issue of Tide.
* Fly Fishing Outside the Margins: Targeting Reds in Bootie Deep Water, by Capt. Scott Sparrow. An unedited version of an article that appeared in two parts in the Jan-Feb and March-April 2008 issues of Tide Magazine
*"Fly Fishing the Edge," an article on fly fishing the edge of the Intracoastal Waterway that appeared in the July-August issue of Tide Magazine.
* "The Dance of the Gulls: Fishing for Podding Redfish," an article that appeared in the Nov-Dec 2004 issue of Tide magazine.
* "Fishing the Texas Tropics," by Capts. Scott and Kathy published in the Jan-Feb issue of Tide Magazine,
in which the Sparrows discuss the incredible "off season" fishing that is available on the Lower Laguna Madre.
* "Do the Texas Two-Step: Texas Reds on Top" by Capt. Scott, an article that the lead-off feature in the Sept.-Oct. 2003 issue of Saltwater Fly Fishing, which describes the heart-stopping action of using small topwaters for big reds.
* "Gunning for Gator Trout" by Capt. Scott, which was the lead-off feature (with cover) in the July/August 2003 issue of Fly Fishing in Salt Waters.
* "The Lower Laguna Madre: Saltwater Fly Fishing at Its Best" by Capt. Scott, which appeared in the fall 2003 issue of Southwest Fly Fishing
* "The Texas Caribbean: Fly Fishing the White Sand of the Lower Laguna Madre," an article by Capt. Scott featured in the Sept-Oct issue 2002 issue of Fly Fishing in Salt Waters
* "The Texas Cure for Winter" an unedited version of an article by Capt. Scott that appeared in the February/March 2002 issue of Saltwater Fly Fishing
* "Trophy Trout, Texas Style," an unedited version of an article by Capt. Scott that appeared in the June/July 2001 issue of Saltwater Fly Fishing
*"How to Get Big Texas Specks to Take Your Fly," an unedited version by Capt. Scott of an article that appeared in the Spring 2002 issue of Fish and Fly Magazine